IMPORTANT: This feature is only available in Salesforce Classic, as Documents can only be accessed and viewed in Salesforce Classic.
If you would like to use Documents instead of Files and Attachments, your generated documents will not be attached to a record from which you started the document generation and you will not be able to find those in the record’s related lists Notes & Attachments or Files. Instead, you will have to open Documents tab (only available in Salesforce Classic). You can do it by clicking on a + sign from any page in your org, and then clicking on Documents from the list of available tabs.
Activating Documents feature in custom settings:
- Click Setup,
- Enter Custom Settings in the search box and click Custom Settings,
- Click Manage next to A5 Documents Settings,
- Click Edit,
- Select Use Documents checkbox,
- Click Save.
Editing Document Action:
- Open Document Action record you wish to use to generate documents,
- Click Edit,
- Select Attach File to Record checkbox,
- Optionally, if you want to save documents to a certain folder, enter the Folder Unique Name in the Documents Folder field
- NOTE: Folder Unique Name is the one without spaces and with underscores, e.g. A5_Documents,
- NOTE: If you can’t see the Documents Folder field, you can just add it to the Document Action page layout,
- Click Save,
- Copy the code from Button/Link Code field to your custom button URL.
NOTE: If you would like to generate Files instead of Attachments or Documents, please see this article.