If you are looking to integrate A5 Documents app with an eSignature solution, please see our A5 Signature app for an optional solution for only $5/user/month.
If you are already using DocuSign to send documents for eSignature and don’t want to switch to our own eSignature app A5 Signature (see a comparison chart here for both eSignature apps), then you can still use A5 Documents with DocuSign.
Steps for DocuSign integration:
- You can use A5 Documents to generate a PDF and attach it to the record. Then when you click the button to send a document using DocuSign, you can select the PDF that is attached to the record to send for signature. Then within the DocuSign UI, just add the location for the signature on the PDF.
- You can also define placeholders/DocuSign tags in document that are then used by DocuSign: https://support.docusign.com/guides/dfs-admin-guide-automatic-anchor-text-and-tags. You will still create your google doc template with A5 Documents and then you would put the DocuSign placeholder tags in related spots on your template (in white font so they are not visible), (example tags are “\i1\” for initials and “\s1\” for full signature).
- Then click custom button to generate the document and attach it to the record with output format PDF. Then you can use the Lightning component by DocuSign (drag this component onto your object layout so button is visible) called “Send with DocuSign:
- After you click “Send with DocuSign” button, on left side, you will see all your related PDF attachments to that specific Salesforce record so you will need to manually “x” out of the documents you do not want to send with your signature document. You can click “Add Recipients” if you have more than one person you would like to send the documents too:
- Once you have the documents ready you would like to send for signature and recipient(s) populated, click “Next” button on bottom left and then you will see a preview of the generated documents with the DocuSign tags placed over the PDF for the recipient to place their initials/signature. Once you have placed and moved around all placeholder tags on your signature document, click the yellow “Send” button in top right to send to your recipient(s):
- Then you will be able to access your eSign document under the “DocuSign Envelopes” related object. This standard functionality process would require the click of two separate buttons (one with A5 Documents and one with DocuSign) though if you would like to discuss this process improvement more or want help developing a custom solution, we offer premium app support.
If you are looking for a one click solution to generate and send for signature then consider using our other A5 Signature with A5 Documents. Cost for A5 Signature app is same price as A5 Documents which is only $5/user/month. You can view a feature/pricing comparison chart for A5 Signature verse DocuSign here: http://a5documents.com//docusigncomparisonchart/.